Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team
Tractor supply"ammo cans" - Printable Version

+- Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team (https://www.pazrt.com/forum)
+-- Forum: ZRT Discussions (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-ZRT-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Gear & Equipment (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Gear-Equipment)
+--- Thread: Tractor supply"ammo cans" (/Thread-Tractor-supply-ammo-cans)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Tractor supply"ammo cans" - Zombie.Hunter - 07-22-2020

I'm going to be in the market for a couple of Steel cans pretty soon not right now but pretty soon if you have a couple of steel ones laying around and they are in good condition no rust I might end up taking them off your hands.
I am going to be stocking up as much as possible on Emma whenever I can get it because you never know when you're going to need it.
And it's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

RE: Tractor supply"ammo cans" - The War Wagon - 07-22-2020

I gotta spare .50 (my ammo from GA Arms came in it!) and a spare 40mm.   Cool

RE: Tractor supply"ammo cans" - Zombie.Hunter - 08-04-2020

I've found that metal can lids tend to stick and it's kinda rough getting those lids open. Any ideas on how to remedy that.
And I probably will be getting at least two metal cans soon or will need them soon. Because yes with too much ammo the plastic ones do bow out and/or the lid doesn't align properly for closure.

RE: Tractor supply"ammo cans" - The War Wagon - 08-04-2020

(08-04-2020, 12:16 PM)Zombie.Hunter Wrote: I've found that metal can lids tend to stick and it's kinda rough getting those lids open. Any ideas on how to remedy that.
And I probably will be getting at least two metal cans soon or will need them soon. Because yes with too much ammo the plastic ones do bow out and/or the lid doesn't align properly for closure.

Hit with a couple of drops of oil.  Or some WD-40.

Still got a .50 and a 20mm (I'd mistakenly said 40mm earlier - it's a 20mm, and is bigger than a 40!) available, if you're buyin'!

RE: Tractor supply"ammo cans" - Zombie.Hunter - 08-14-2020

What do you want for the 50 cal and what's the price on the 20 mm.
Ammo cans always come in handy when you have a surplus.

RE: Tractor supply"ammo cans" - The War Wagon - 08-14-2020

(08-14-2020, 09:25 PM)Zombie.Hunter Wrote: What do you want for the 50 cal and what's the price on the 20 mm.
Ammo cans always come in handy when you have a surplus.

$15 on the .50 - $35 on 20mm

They're both SUPER clean, super nice, with super soft, fresh seals - not a spot of rust on 'em!

RE: Tractor supply"ammo cans" - Zombie.Hunter - 08-24-2020

So how about this... I went hiking with the family this weekend near Bavington which is near Burgettstown, Pa.
While hiking my daughter came across an awesome find.
A .50 CAL ammo can, it's seriously beat up and had white paint all over it.
I used my drill sander to get most of the rust and paint off.
I think I need to sand it some more then I'll paint it and hopefully bring it back to it's former glory.
Any suggestions on improving this ?
[Image: 20200824-201618.jpg]

[Image: 20200824-201610.jpg]

[Image: 20200824-201602.jpg]

[Image: 20200824-201553.jpg]

RE: Tractor supply"ammo cans" - The War Wagon - 08-24-2020

Hit that bad boy with some OD green Krylon, and it should be GTG!

Uhmmmm... how are the SEALS?  That'd be my other concern.  Huh

RE: Tractor supply"ammo cans" - Zombie.Hunter - 08-24-2020

Any rubber seals that were on the can are MIA, as I'm seeing none and just a can but the can itself is in really good condition.

RE: Tractor supply"ammo cans" - The War Wagon - 08-25-2020

Many, MANY, moons ago, I read in a magazine (SoF, American Survival, ???), that you could lay down a heavy bead of liquid silicone (gel) where the seals USED to be, and let it set up.  THEN, close the can and seal the latch, and leave it that way for say, a week, and then - presto!  A restored can, with good seals!

I would paint it first, however.