Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team
Tractor supply"ammo cans" - Printable Version

+- Pennsylvania Zombie Response Team (https://www.pazrt.com/forum)
+-- Forum: ZRT Discussions (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-ZRT-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Gear & Equipment (https://www.pazrt.com/forum/Forum-Gear-Equipment)
+--- Thread: Tractor supply"ammo cans" (/Thread-Tractor-supply-ammo-cans)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Tractor supply"ammo cans" - BigAndy1966 - 09-16-2017

I know right? a 50 cal can full of ammo is about all I want to carry, one in each hand in a BO situation and that is just moving it to the truck.

RE: Tractor supply"ammo cans" - The War Wagon - 09-16-2017

(09-16-2017, 08:45 AM)BigAndy1966 Wrote: I know right? a 50 cal can full of ammo is about all I want to carry, one in each hand in a BO situation and that is just moving it to the truck.

Get MORE truck!   Big Grin 

[Image: polished_zps84skfclo.jpg]

RE: Tractor supply"ammo cans" - BigAndy1966 - 09-16-2017

Oh I have enough truck. 2008 Tundra 8' bed double cab with a 4.7L V8 and 4x4. But if you must relocate a lot of full cans, it can be a real workout.

RE: Tractor supply"ammo cans" - The War Wagon - 09-16-2017

(09-16-2017, 09:59 AM)BigAndy1966 Wrote: Oh I have enough truck. 2008 Tundra 8' bed double cab with a 4.7L V8 and 4x4. But if you must relocate  a lot of full cans, it can be a real workout.

If you have more than one vehicle in your Bugout convoy, you almost hafta have a dedicated ammo hauler.  Not that you want ALL your ammo in it, but definitely the surplus.

RE: Tractor supply"ammo cans" - PRIME_Ω_PREDATOR - 09-16-2017

You've got to think about where you're bugging out to and from. If you're just trying to get home from work a combat load out of about 200 rounds +/- for your truck rifle in a tack vest would more than likely suffice. Extra rounds for your CCW can help for CQB if needed. I've always gone by the adage that your pistol is for fighting your way back to your rifle. Although a handgun has it's advantages if you are clearing a building.

The bigger ammo cans are good for keeping loaded mags inside. I have a large ammo can with 2000 rounds of 9mm in it. It's range ammo and it is very heavy. I've also got some smaller cans with 30 round mags for my ARs inside. Each can is about one load out and more negotiable.

I was getting my cans for free a couple years ago. Wife got sick of seeing them around.

RE: Tractor supply"ammo cans" - BigAndy1966 - 09-23-2017

(09-16-2017, 04:00 PM)The War Wagon Wrote:
(09-16-2017, 09:59 AM)BigAndy1966 Wrote: Oh I have enough truck. 2008 Tundra 8' bed double cab with a 4.7L V8 and 4x4. But if you must relocate  a lot of full cans, it can be a real workout.

If you have more than one vehicle in your Bugout convoy, you almost hafta have a dedicated ammo hauler.  Not that you want ALL your ammo in it, but definitely the surplus.

We have those covered, My brothers got a fullsized chevy pickup as well, he lives close by.

RE: Tractor supply"ammo cans" - BigAndy1966 - 09-23-2017

(09-16-2017, 06:18 PM)PRIME_Ω_PREDATOR Wrote: You've got to think about where you're bugging out to and from. If you're just trying to get home from work a combat load out of about 200 rounds +/- for your truck rifle in a tack vest would more than likely suffice. Extra rounds for your CCW can help for CQB if needed. I've always gone by the adage that your pistol is for fighting your way back to your rifle. Although a handgun has it's advantages if you are clearing a building.

The bigger ammo cans are good for keeping loaded mags inside. I have a large ammo can with 2000 rounds of 9mm in it. It's range ammo and it is very heavy. I've also got some smaller cans with 30 round mags for my ARs inside. Each can is about one load out and more negotiable.

I was getting my cans for free a couple years ago. Wife got sick of seeing them around.

Yeah I have surplus LBVs with mil surp 6 mag pouches for rifle and pistol, theres a holster as well., GBH is covered. If it really looks like the SHTF, seriously, SHTF,. I'm not going around with a hipoint, too low mag cap. Probably a midlength AR and Berretta 92 with full loadout, and a small backpack, I can get home on foot in about 4 hours.
 The Hipoint carbine does fit nicely in one of those collapsible sport chair bags, and looks innocuous enough with all the other crap in the back seat of the truck.

RE: Tractor supply"ammo cans" - The War Wagon - 09-23-2017

Loaded mags - in cans, vests, door pockets, etc. - is the way to go.  When the ammo is FLYING, you don't want to be screwing with a Lula!

You ALSO don't want to be saying, "Pass me the ammo."  You DO want to say, "Pass me ANOTHER loaded mag!"   Big Grin

Tractor supply"ammo cans" - ColdBlueSteel - 09-26-2017

[Image: 3e0efea72dd19e536e30f3911ebdd041.jpg]
At Costco last evening. A 50 and a 30 for $18.99

RE: Tractor supply"ammo cans" - PRIME_Ω_PREDATOR - 09-26-2017

(09-26-2017, 06:02 AM)ColdBlueSteel Wrote: [Image: 3e0efea72dd19e536e30f3911ebdd041.jpg]
At Costco last evening. A 50 and a 30 for $18.99

That's a good price for two.